cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rtrim - Front end - Is it possible, or group similar with no access to the data model.

rvickersevotix
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Rtrim - Front end - Is it possible, or group similar with no access to the data model.

We essentially have a data model that pulls through a lot of text fields, one of those text fields is "Who completed something", this is typed in by the end user, meaning we have lots of Graphs that are Count of Records by Who completed it, that show the same person multiple times.

I know that an easy fix for this would be to use the group similar and/or the rtrim function on those text fields, it would mean "John Smith" and "John Smith " would show as 1 person.

Unfortunatley due to various reasons, those that actually understand how to do some of this, are not allowed anywhere near the data model, and for good reason I assume, because im not saying im great at this, just frustrated some things could be easier haha!

Is there a way I can do Group Similar, or trim the end of text fields of extra whitespace, from the front end editor, or am I stuck begging our product team to do the most basic of things and switch on Group similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @rvickersevotix ,

It is not possible to edit text-fields in the front-end. Only thing that comes to mind is perhaps using a widget-script (dont know what exactly) that can alter the results for you , before it comes into the widget. Or you can use a text-filter and filter on 'contains xyz'

I know @harikm007 is great at custom widget scripts. Perhaps he has an idea

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @rvickersevotix ,

It is not possible to edit text-fields in the front-end. Only thing that comes to mind is perhaps using a widget-script (dont know what exactly) that can alter the results for you , before it comes into the widget. Or you can use a text-filter and filter on 'contains xyz'

I know @harikm007 is great at custom widget scripts. Perhaps he has an idea