cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unbuild a cube (remove data but keep cube)

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I have unused cubes.

I want to remove them to save disk space.

But I'll later want them and their dependent dashboards again. And I might want to keep things like schedules, hierarchies, sharing, etc.

So, I want to "unbuild" them - delete all the data, stop running, and turn off build schedule, but rebuild when I need it and keep dashboard links, sharing, etc.

I can do something like this by deleting and then re-importing the .smodel file, but there's a few things I then have to manually document and then manually recreate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @Tim 

Press build and select replace all. Toggle Sample below and set it to the desired number

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @Tim 

If you are able to SSH/RDP to the server then you could try to delete the folder of the elasticube. On linux its on /opt/sisense/farms . Perhaps rename it first. I did it on Windows a few times and didnt have a negative effect except for the dashboards giving errors that there is not data in the cube. Havent tried it on linux.

You could also build the cube with a sample size of 1 (or 100). This will make it have a small footprint, but you do not have to delete anything

Hamza

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi @HamzaJ,

How can I set the sample size?

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hey @Tim 

Press build and select replace all. Toggle Sample below and set it to the desired number

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

HamzaJ_0-1678741489107.png

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Thanks @HamzaJ!

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]