cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include All filter to use values in list

zach_myt
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

When I use a filter in the dashboard and select all of the options Sisense doesn't include all of the options, it actually removes the "where clause" as the select all. So if I have three options in a filter and have all of them selected the filter behaves like there is no filter selection but what I really want is to filter by 3 three selected options, not the absence of a selection. Does this make sense? 

I want the filter actually filter by all of the selected items when all items are selected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Helena_qbeeq
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi @zach_myt ,

Have you tried to define your filter with the [Is] option?

I think it this way it will behave as you are expecting.

Helena_qbeeq_0-1706275931848.png

Please let me know if this works for you : )

Always here to help,
Helena from QBeeQ
[email protected]
QBeeQ - Gold Implementation and Development Partner

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Helena_qbeeq
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi @zach_myt ,

Have you tried to define your filter with the [Is] option?

I think it this way it will behave as you are expecting.

Helena_qbeeq_0-1706275931848.png

Always here to help,
Helena from QBeeQ
[email protected]

zach_myt
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Is this a special kind of filter? My filters do not have that option. I need the list to be dynamic based on the selections of another filter so I use the list which make mine look like this:

zach_myt_0-1706305870454.png

Hi @zach_myt ,

A New filter UI is available since L2022.4.

You can enable it in Admin -> App Configuration -> Feature Managerment - Filters.

You will then be able to configure your filters as shown in my previous answer.

Always here to help,
Helena from QBeeQ
[email protected]

zach_myt
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Thanks for the reply, you are correct I can enable those features but I am using a wiser widget for my multi select filter on an embedded dashboard. When I change the settings to [Is] option the wiser widget no longer works correctly. Our design is to keep the filter in the dashboard since it is embedded. Do you know of a way to make this new functionality work with a wiser multi select widget?

Link to wiser: https://community.sisense.com/t5/knowledge/wiser-filter-widget/ta-p/9484

If not, do you know of a multi select filter widget that can incorporate the [Is] functionality you have mentioned?

Hi @zach_myt ,

I guess you can probably ask for that feature on the wizer github page. Although it looks like it has been quiet for some years.

With some coding knowledge you could probably do the change yourself.

At QBeeQ, we also have a multi-select filter that could meet your needs if you are interested. It does not incorporate the [Is] functionality yet, but we can make that happen.

Feel free to contact me directly 🙂

Always here to help,
Helena from QBeeQ
[email protected]