Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid scrolling in blox element for all resolution

rahuldhomane
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Hi,

Use Case: I am trying to build dashboard having KPIs created using Blox that can be viewed at different resolutions (we are having 1440 x 900 (100 % scaling) and 1920 x 1080 (150 % scaling)). Also, we want to use the download as PNG functionality for these dashboards.

Current Practice: We are using the 'vw' i.e. viewport instead of pixel for all the font and size parameters which allows to scale easily. However, we are not able to fix the height of the Blox element as we encounter scroll bars when we change resolution or download dashboard as PNG

Challenge: How can we fix the Blox element height so that the scroll bars doesn't appear on changing the resolution or downloading as PNG.

References: We have attached sample error screenshots and design code for the KPIs we are creating. Please find them attached below.

Plausible Solution:  A way by which we can fix the height of the Blox element so that the overall content is confined and no scroll bars appear

Please let us know the right way to work around this.

Thanks,

Rahul

3 REPLIES 3

mdoria
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

This is something very annoying, actually can make the Blox widget unusable, very difficult to avoid these scroll bars, no body understand why they appear and make widgets unreadable.

pooja
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Please let me know if you found any solution for this I am also facing the same issue.

TwieN
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hello,

If you have actions control in your Blox (JTD of ActionSet). Try to adjust the button spacing to a smaller number so they can all fit in your dashboard.

TwieN_0-1698410930239.png

This works for me so far. Open to a better solution

Community Toolbox

Recommended quick links to assist you in optimizing your community experience:

Developers Group:

Product Feedback Forum:

Need additional support?:

Submit a Support Request

The Legal Stuff

Have a question about the Sisense Community?

Email [email protected]