cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need to filter rows based on value from one column

mmarquez225
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hello -  any idea how I can filters row based on the value of only one column?

Example I only want to show rows that have a value ">0" for apple_pay

5 REPLIES 5

mdoria
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

This is a basic feature that excel can do but sisense not, apparently..

Thanks, @mdoria   agree, it's actually a basic thing in any BI tool except for Sisense...

Ravid_PaldiTeam
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Hi @mmarquez225 

I'm not fully sure that I understand what you meant but when you have a filter icon on your formula panel that allows you to filter the pivot based on values: 

Paldi_1-1675365913200.png

Was this what you were looking for? 

If not - feel free to elaborate . 

Cheers,

Ravid

mmarquez225
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hey @Ravid_PaldiTeam, thanks for your help, I'll give more details on the I only want to filter a row based on the conditions value of 1:3 columns. If Columns A doesn't have a value, filter out the row. I still want to show Columns B and C. 

The values for columns A,B,C is  using a "count(item_name)" function so I can simply use the built-in filter of  "item_name>0"  which tried but doesn't work.

This would be something we would use in a normal table in sheets where we can filter out rows based on the filter conditions we set in the column.

thanks in advance for your help

mdoria
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Hi @Ravid_PaldiTeam , this functionallity can be used only as developer, the viewer should be able to filter pivot tables based on formulas calulated inside the pivot. Example, I want to show unit cost per product in a flexible time period. You will need a pivot table with [unit cost] = total cost/nยบ units. The viewer should be able to filter the pivot table based on the column [unit cost], or having a filter on the dashboard that can calculate  [unit cost] = total cost/nยบ units and filter based on it. Currently you only can filter by data that is already on the cube, not data that is being aggregated on the dashboard.