cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How can Designer role (re)publish?

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

I've granted the Designer role to a colleague. After they make changes, how can they update the main version of the dashboard and republish it so all viewers get the new version?

(When I make changes as Owner, I click Republish afterwards to update for everyone.)

(Windows Sisense Version 20.21.9.10057)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @Tim 

That is not possible. Only the Owner of a dashboard can publish changes to all shared users. When sharing a dashboard there are 3 types of sharing

- Make owner (only for designer or up)

- Can edit (only for designer or up)

- Can view 

When you select Can Edit; a designer can edit/change the dashboard and its widgets however these changes are only for that specific user. When you as an owner republish the dashboard all those changes will be replaced with your version. That is because the version of the Owner is leading. 

So either you grant Can Edit-rights. Your colleague makes changes, exports the dashboard to a dash file which you import. 

or you make your colleague Owner of the dashboard. They make the changes , publishes those changes and make you owner again

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

HamzaJ
12 - Data Integration
12 - Data Integration

Hi @Tim 

That is not possible. Only the Owner of a dashboard can publish changes to all shared users. When sharing a dashboard there are 3 types of sharing

- Make owner (only for designer or up)

- Can edit (only for designer or up)

- Can view 

When you select Can Edit; a designer can edit/change the dashboard and its widgets however these changes are only for that specific user. When you as an owner republish the dashboard all those changes will be replaced with your version. That is because the version of the Owner is leading. 

So either you grant Can Edit-rights. Your colleague makes changes, exports the dashboard to a dash file which you import. 

or you make your colleague Owner of the dashboard. They make the changes , publishes those changes and make you owner again

Tim
9 - Travel Pro
9 - Travel Pro

Thanks Hamza. I'll do export/import. It'd be nice if we could get a "publisher" role in future though.

kthrapp
7 - Data Storage
7 - Data Storage

Definitely agree with wanting a "publisher" role in the future, so the owner isn't a single point of failure. If they go on holiday or get sick without transferring ownership, we're not able to publish new dashboard changes to our users.

Also, it'd be helpful if there was some sort of indicator in the UI for designers to be able to easily/quickly tell if what they're seeing is different from everyone else. i.e. has my view diverged from the owner's view?