cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Indicator Widget

amelia
10 - ETL
10 - ETL

Good morning - I would like to create a 'simple' numerical indicator widget with a sales value as the primary metric and the target sales value as the secondary metric. The target sales value is stored in an excel sheet with a structure like this: 

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.13.08 AM.png

I would like to show the latest sales and target values in the primary and secondary metric of the indicator widget respectively. I am able to show the latest sales value in the primary metric using a value filter, but the widget aggregates the secondary value automatically for me. Is there any way I can just show the latest target value in the secondary metric without any aggregation? 

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.26.15 AM.png

It should be 84 and 100, but the value is summing up 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ophir_Buchman
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @amelia 

To resolve this you'd have to add a custom field into both tables on your data model. The custom field should use a RANK (decending) function based on the date field. This way, the latest value will always be the one with the '1' value

Use the '1' as a formula filter in both fields:

(SUM(Price),RANK=1)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ophir_Buchman
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @amelia 

To resolve this you'd have to add a custom field into both tables on your data model. The custom field should use a RANK (decending) function based on the date field. This way, the latest value will always be the one with the '1' value

Use the '1' as a formula filter in both fields:

(SUM(Price),RANK=1)

Thanks Ophir!