cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freezing the header row for a pivot table

praveenpaul03
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

Is there any way to freeze the header row in a pivot table, when the number of rows is very high it is difficult for users to scroll up and see what each column refres to

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KatieG
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @praveenpaul03 ,

If I was starting with a new dashboard with 0 widgets, in order to get the header to scroll I noticed I needed to toggle off "Auto Height" and adjust the widget size to match how much space in the dashboard I wanted the widget to take up.

For Sisense running on Linux, the setting looks like this:

KatieG_0-1650637732288.png

I could then adjust the height of the widget 

KatieG_1-1650638334172.png

And the scroll bar on the right side of the widget appears with the header being pinned as I scroll through. Keep in mind there will be a scroll bar for the widget but also a scroll bar for the whole dashboard - it is worth considering when designing your dashboard how much dashboard space the widget should take up.

KatieG_2-1650638723915.png

The settings on Sisense Windows looks like this:

KatieG_3-1650638918986.png

Attached is a zip folder containing videos showing how I got this working on both Linux and Windows.

Hope this helps!

Katie G | Sisense Pre-Sales Solutions Architect

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KatieG
Sisense Team Member
Sisense Team Member

Hi @praveenpaul03 ,

If I was starting with a new dashboard with 0 widgets, in order to get the header to scroll I noticed I needed to toggle off "Auto Height" and adjust the widget size to match how much space in the dashboard I wanted the widget to take up.

For Sisense running on Linux, the setting looks like this:

KatieG_0-1650637732288.png

I could then adjust the height of the widget 

KatieG_1-1650638334172.png

And the scroll bar on the right side of the widget appears with the header being pinned as I scroll through. Keep in mind there will be a scroll bar for the widget but also a scroll bar for the whole dashboard - it is worth considering when designing your dashboard how much dashboard space the widget should take up.

KatieG_2-1650638723915.png

The settings on Sisense Windows looks like this:

KatieG_3-1650638918986.png

Attached is a zip folder containing videos showing how I got this working on both Linux and Windows.

Hope this helps!

Katie G | Sisense Pre-Sales Solutions Architect

NT_Sisense_Adm
8 - Cloud Apps
8 - Cloud Apps

HI Is there a way to freeze members/dimensions of pivot chart